The Youth Projects Living Room Roar is a football team comprising clients of the Living Room. The Living Room Roar are part of a competition run by Reclink.
The aim of the football program is to promote health and physical, social and mental well being, social inclusion and engagement.
The Living Room Roar are supported by the Richmond Football Club, Victoria Police and YMCA.
The 2011 football season has finished with some great outcomes:
- a participant have been linked in with mental health services that he had previously been to afraid to engage. He has been stabilised on medication for his condition and is now planning on engaging with the Living Room psychologist
- a participant has been linked to counselling for anger management
- 3 participants who had not been attending school, working in partnership with their high schools, have now been reengaged in learning or assisted in accessing opportunities to keep them on track and off the streets
- 1 participant has been supported to engage in a coaching course
- 1 participant has been supported with legal representation
- 1 participant has been linked in with a youth worker to assist in finding appropriate housing and employment
Stay tuned for details of the new season and more recreation programs
Check out the team's visit to Melton CFA.