Who we are
Youth Projects Limited is an independent, not-for-profit agency that provides health, outreach, employment, education and training services to individuals experiencing disadvantage, unemployment, homelessness, alcohol and other drug issues.
Youth Projects was first established in 1984 to respond to the rise in youth unemployment and entrenched disadvantage in the north of Melbourne.
Over the past 25 years, Youth Projects has considerably expanded its services and now delivers health, outreach, community, employment, education and training services throughout north, west and central Melbourne.
Our broad range of services enables a holistic approach to tackling disadvantage, homelessness, and alcohol and other drug issues.
Youth Projects provides a non-judgemental service with a strong focus on harm minimisation and works with clients on a personalised, tailored basis to address complex issues.
Youth Projects promotes inclusion, builds resilience and creates opportunities.
Life changing opportunities for every young person.
Youth Projects will:
- provide quality, innovative and responsive services that help to prevent and overcome disadvantage in areas of current and emerging need in the community
- raise awareness of disadvantage through our advocacy to government and the community
- enable those experiencing disadvantage to access opportunities for better health, education, support and independence in a non-judgemental environment
- We recognise the traditional owners of this land, the Wurundjeri people
- We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and commit to an environment that is safe, welcoming and non-judgemental for those accessing the services
- We respect and uphold the dignity and privacy of clients
- We focus on client-based decision-making, engagement and empowerment
- We, as a minimum, act in strict compliance with all relevant legislation, standards and contractual obligations by which we are bound
- We support our local community, local democracy and citizenship, and support opportunities for building capacity within our community